head> MusicMirchi: Star Talk: ‘I don’t want to react to gossip’ Your Ad Here



Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Star Talk: ‘I don’t want to react to gossip’


Actor Nisha Kothari is currently shooting for the climax of Ram Gopal Varma’s remake of Sholay.

Incidentally, speculations are rife about her being the alleged cause of actor Mohit Ahlawat’s (initially slated to play Jai) abrupt exit from this film.

“Its strange that people want to know what is the jadoo that has made Ramu sir (RGV) cast me as Ghungroo (a take off on Hema Malini’s Basanti in the orginal) despite Mohit feeling that I was the wrong choice. They feel that this in turn led to Mohit having to quit the film,” she fumes.

She continues, “Honestly, I am unaware of any discussion between Mohit and Ramu sir regarding my casting. As long as the director is happy with my work I don’t want to react to idle gossip.”

Nisha (whose real name is Priyanka) concludes, “I do not want to fan the flames of a personal issue between the actor and the director.” However, RGV was unavailable for comment despite repeated attempts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home