head> MusicMirchi: Sameera Reddy: ‘It’s sad that they went after me and NTR Jr’ Your Ad Here



Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sameera Reddy: ‘It’s sad that they went after me and NTR Jr’


“I’M appalled by the rumours that have been weaved about NTR Jr and I. He's a professional co-star and it is not right to malign his reputation this way. Victimising us with these rumours is unfair,” lashes out actress Sameera Reddy, about her alleged liaison with NTR Jr, one of Tollywood's leading actors.

A staunch sentimental attachment for the culture here propelled the Bollywood actress to make a debut in Telugu films. “To be honest, I have much more respect for Tollywood, than any other film industry. Even my father wanted me to act in Telugu films. It's our family attachment to the south that draws me here,” she explains. So she headed southwards. Even acclaimed actors such as Chiranjeevi have applauded her. “I remember I was at an industry gathering, where he stated that I dance well, and he even compared me to Radha and Radhika. And even NTR Jr said that I was the first person to jive perfectly with him,” she informs us.

But what irks her the most are the mounting rumours. “I've been linked to many actors. I was supposedly seeing Viveik Oberoi at one point too. But that didn't matter to me because it sparked off in Mumbai. But when I hear things like this about me in Tollywood, it bothers me because it hits closer home. I have so much respect for the Telugu film industry - and I think it's sad that they went after me and NTR with such gusto,” she says, adding, “I have learned so much from this industry. And if it weren't for NTR Jr. I wouldn't have been a good dancer,” she adds.

Currently occupied with a Bengali art film that is being produced by Buddhadev Dasgupta, the actress says she took time off to cheer contestants of the Hyderabad marathon. “I flew in from Kolkatta, taking time off from my film shoots, because I wanted to be here. I love Hyderabad. And I miss the people here,” she remarks warmly.

From being the Ahista girl in Pankaj Udhas’ video, to a sultry siren in Musafir, Sameera Reddy has voyaged many miles and made a mark for herself as an actor across the north-south divide. The dusky actress is now looking forward to upcoming releases opposite Ajay Devgan, Shahid Kapoor and Sunny Deol. She's also filming a more serious venture where she plays the role of a dacoit. “I am more focused on strong roles now as I know that will help me earn my audience's trust,” she says.

Sameera Reddy is also the first Indian actor to be featured in a video game. “I love video games as they make me connect with fans at a different level.” But her dream role, she tells us, is to feature in a film that has the perfect mix of an Indian and western character-traits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home