head> MusicMirchi: Yana Gupta: ‘People said I slept with five directors!’ Your Ad Here



Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Yana Gupta: ‘People said I slept with five directors!’


Yana Gupta never dreamt that she would be a craze in a foreign land faraway from her native Czechoslovakia as she herself admits, “I never dreamt that I would be so big in another country.” But success has come to her nonetheless.

But life has not been easy for this easy-going babe who literally rode to fame riding on a bullock (remember the item number ‘Babujee…’?). There have been back-biting and crazy allegations all of which she has taken in her stride as part and parcel of the profession. “I know things were being said behind my back, but it never hurt me because I really would not care.”

Inquire further as to what she heard and she laughs again, “I’ve heard I’ve done things like breast implants.” So did she say no? Again there is a hearty laughter. “What do you think I’d say?” she inquires with a twinkle in her eye. “Nobody asked me directly. It was all said behind my back,” she goes on remembering the days. “I also heard that I slept with five different directors… They also alleged that to get an ad campaign, I slept with the main photographer and they don’t have a main photographer! Nasty things like these…”

But Yana kept her focus on her work and sped past her rivals not giving a damn about what was being said. This attitude towards work is what she prides herself in. “Being professional helps in this business,” she offers throwing light on how girls mess things up with their wrong attitude. “I have had people tell me how the girls throw attitude saying ‘I won’t wear this make-up or those clothes and I don’t want to look like this’. If you treat it as a profession, come on time, do what is expected of you, things are easy. I guess the attitude and approach counts.”

As for Bollywood, she says there are a lot of Hindi movies “I’ve never really been inspired by any of the projects which were offered to me. And I don’t want to compromise. I’d rather do some small art movie and be satisfied as an artist, rather than being on the big screen next to Abhishek Bachchan and think that I have made it.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home