head> MusicMirchi: Screen Buzz: Bollywood beckoning Miss India World? Your Ad Here



Monday, October 02, 2006

Screen Buzz: Bollywood beckoning Miss India World?


Warsaw, Oct 2 (IANS) Modelling is high on her agenda and maybe Bollywood too, says Miss India World Natasha Suri, who has taken her loss at the Miss World 2006 contest in her stride.

Natasha says she has decided not to get disheartened at losing out in the semi-final round of the contest held here Saturday night.

"I reached the last 17 semi-finalists, that itself is a big achievement for me. It is no mean achievement to reach the semi-final round. Frankly speaking, my chances to wear the Miss World crown were hardly one percent as I was competing with 105 other aspirants. Only one has to be the winner," Natasha Suri told IANS.

The 22-year-old beauty from Mumbai spoke to IANS at length at the residence of the Indian ambassador on Sunday.

Speaking of her future plans, Natasha said she would do modelling and was not hostile to the idea of joining Bollywood. "Let us see how the future shapes up. I am a great believer in god's will. Whatever he wishes, I have to do, and this is my destiny," she added.

"The entry to the Miss World 2006 contest has opened new vistas for me in life. Now onwards I want to live a very purposeful life. Whatever I have achieved it is because of the tremendous love from my countrymen who prayed for me all these days. Now it is my turn to pay them back my debt which I acquired the day I was selected Miss India," she said.

She had words of praise for her team that had worked tirelessly with her all these months for the event, as well as for Indian filmmaker Karan Johar, who was on the panel of judges. Johar had remarked, "Natasha has a great sense of stage presence."

Members of the Indian diaspora felicitated her at the residence of the Indian ambassador. She brought along Miss Australia and Miss Malaysia with her as they had become good friends during their month-long stay in Poland.

"I am leaving a part of my heart in Poland and I will always cherish the affection of warm-hearted Poles who have given me tremendous affection. Whenever I get a chance I will visit this beautiful and friendly country again. If Poles love me because they love India then I am proud to be an Indian," she said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home